The VP of Fresh will provide strategic direction and overall management for all aspects of inventory management and is responsible for attracting, developing and retaining a high performing Fresh team, which includes the Culinary areas (Deli/Bakery), Produce and Meat/Seafood.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide the strategic vision for the Fresh areas in the store. Ensure that programs and products match the company’s anthem. Ensure that product offerings stay on trend as well as affordable to our customers.
• Develop and grow supplier relationships. Ensure vendor funds are utilized to their fullest and benefit all parties- Lucky’s, vendors & customers.
• Ability to focus upon the growth via new stores/markets as well as maximize sales/profits in existing stores at the same time.
• Forecast and manage the results for each area in terms of sales and margin goals. Understand the impact upon store labor and customer service.
• Ability to work with Operations in developing and implementing sustainable programs for our customers.
• Contribute to the Purchasing process to align sales and supply volume, revenue and supply plans.
• Work with Purchasing to develop strategy for overall development and improvements to operations for all Purchasing systems.
• Partner with the Purchasing Team around forecasting and management of inventory levels.
• Implement and improve operational standardization programs in all Fresh Merchandising functions.
• Lead and develop team of Retail Department Directors and their team members.
Education & Experience
• 8-10 years of Fresh area management experience in a Retail or Grocery organization. Fresh Foods expertise required. Culinary background is preferred.
Travel up to 50%.
|Job Level||Featured, Normal|